The future of recruitment is going to change. How?
It is technological progress, a modern-day trend that is going to bring an impactful recruitment management system into place. Although technology dominates the current hiring trends, it is also other factors that are significant. It is the adoption of strategies, new and innovative ways by recruiters, and the present-day scenario that is going to give the recruitment trends a push into the future.
This article explores the biggest future recruiting trends, things that are changing the recruitment process, and how AI and ATS are impacting the future of recruitment.
The Biggest Future Recruiting Trends
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)/ Recruitment Management Software
Applicant Tracking System in recruitment management software that automates manual and repetitive tasks thus streamlining the recruitment process. It is Artificial Intelligence in an ATS that helps automate processes and produces accurate results. ATS parses through resumes at breakneck speed and provides candidate scoring that will help one evaluate candidates better. The future will witness a more sophisticated ATS system in place with pro features. These superior features include real-time analytics and machine learning algorithms that will improve the overall candidate experience.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence is the science of making machines that are intelligent enough to imitate human decision-making processes and produce more accurate output.
- Machine learning is a subset or application of AI that helps a computer system develop its intelligence.
- AI removes unconscious bias, helps recruiters focus on soft skills, and provides a better candidate experience.
- AI is simply a game changer because of its smart predictions.
- Machine learning can be used to perform onboarding, attendance, payrolls, and leave management.
- It will also narrow down the search for the right candidates thereby significantly reducing time and money.
- Soon, we can expect AI to take over the entire recruitment process leaving humans with the social aspect to deal with.
- The aspect mainly includes relationship building and human interaction.
- Hiring managers will employ AI in the future to interpret reports, make decisions and test several actions to source the most qualified candidates.
- The future possibilities with both AI and machine learning are endless in the recruitment process.
Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Virtual and augmented Reality will change the way recruiters interact with candidates.
- It is likely to become an integral part of recruitment in the future.
- VR and AR are going to be a revolutionary experiences that will provide candidates with an immersive experience.
- Gradually and slowly recruiters are turning towards such technology as it has a plethora of benefits to offer.
- VR is set to improve the candidate experience by allowing them to visit the workplace and have an immersive experience and a feel for the company culture.
- Plus, it is going to be profitable for recruiters as it will provide them with an insight into the candidate’s presentation skills and overall presence.
- VR can provide candidates with a virtual working world that recruiters may use for assessment and evaluation.
- Further, it can be used for collaborative purposes and training.
- Augmented Reality (AR) will enable recruiters to demonstrate job duties and requirements giving candidates an engaging and informative experience.
Employee Referral Programs
- An employee referral program is a hiring strategy where internal employees are asked to refer qualified candidates for the organization.
- It is one of the most productive, speedy, and cost-effective strategies for hiring.
- At current times, employee referral programs occupy the center stage in all recruitment efforts.
- Employee Referral Programs will become more sophisticated in the future.
- While organizations are getting innovative with employee referral programs, others are yet to experiment and accept this trend completely.
- Organizations will use referral programs that are more scientific where data metrics will do the decision-making.
- The incentives will become independent of the referrals suggested and will be focused more on rewarding participants.
- Accenture is one example of an organization that rewards 100 EUR to all employees whose referrals drop in for an interview.
- Referral programs will also introduce gamification for driving internal competition.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Diversity refers to a diverse workforce, equity refers to equitable behavior and inclusion means being inclusive toward all without any discrimination of any kind.
- It is not something new but it is a growing recruiting trend in 2023.
- DEI can shape a candidate’s perception of an employer’s brand and this may either turn them into an applicant or not.
- To bring diversity, equity, and inclusion under one roof, recruiters must use various sourcing channels for proper marketing/advertisement, have good screening and evaluation practices, and make sure each procedure is unbiased.
- Maintaining these three essential recruiting trends is beneficial for employers also because it boosts employee satisfaction and happiness, productivity, loyalty, and retention.
- Although predictive analytics cannot be termed an absolute recruiting trend, it remains one of the hot topics in modern times.
- Based on predictive analysis, strategies for recruitment will be defined.
- Analytics helps in data-driven decision-making and also provides insights into a recruitment procedure.
- It also helps in pinpointing challenges or problems that can be solved by the recruiter.
- Plus, analysis reduces cost and provides greater ROI in your software investments.
- Some of the future trends that predictive analysis can measure are estimated future candidate performance, time to fill, interview acceptance probability, and the future retention of the candidate.
Social Media Recruiting
- The trend of social media recruitment is on the rise.
- Job portals like LinkedIn, Indeed, and Naukri have made it easy for recruiters to source candidates.
- Live broadcasting on other social media like Facebook Live, Instagram, Snapchat Live Stories, and Periscope on Twitter is a great way to invest in recruitment.
- This could include a complete video streaming of your office, a live Q & A Session, and backstage footage of an event.
- Also, ephemeral interfaces with a fun message can pique candidates’ attention which you may then redirect to your official career page.
- Social media is also a great platform to promote employer branding.
- Employees that are a part of the organization can also act as referrals to bring in fresh candidates.
Robotic Process Automation
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a form of AI that includes chatbots and machine learning that will proliferate productivity as they will speed up data processing.
- RPA software enables users to configure bots that would then gather data, formulate responses and communicate with other business systems.
- Opting for chatbots is a great way to improve the candidate experience by thoroughly engaging them.
- RPA technology used in recruiting automates high-level repetitive tasks like interview scheduling, thereby saving time and increasing efficiency.
- The use of RPA will explode in the future which will help recruiters attract, engage, and convert qualified job candidates.
- There will be far greater functionalities that will build greater connectivity and also produce the right output.
- Mobile recruiting is the fastest-growing hiring strategy that is being adopted by most businesses today.
- It is because people are exposed to their social media handles via smartphones or tablets.
- Mobile recruiting makes it easier to read newsfeeds and publish and share posts of job vacancies on a mobile as compared to a laptop or a computer.
- It will also help recruiters to review candidates, sort through applications, and parse through resumes efficiently.
- Plus, your website needs to be mobile-friendly otherwise you may lose out on hiring opportunities as Google’s recent update puts greater emphasis on such websites.
- The trend of mobile recruiting will take some time to sink in.
- Once more recruiters realize the advantages that mobile recruiting has to offer, it is going to become an industry-wide revolution.
- A recruiter needs to embrace mobile technology if they seek long-term growth and succession plans.
- They may even capitalize on the trend early.
What is Changing the Recruitment?
The several factors that are changing the way recruitment works are as follows:
Technological Advancements: Technological advancements are going to transform the way recruitment takes place. These modern inventions will put a modern and advanced recruitment system in place that will be more effective and efficient. As more and more people start switching to these modern technologies, they will be deriving promising benefits. Some of these modern technologies are AI and machine learning, Virtual and Augmented reality, RPA, and predictive analysis.
Remote work: Remote work particularly rose during the pandemic situation. Since then, it has been continuing and is also a part of the hybrid work culture. Remote work has made virtual interaction in recruitment a possibility. The steps of a candidate journey take place through a virtual network and the recruitment process from sourcing to onboarding has shifted online. This is all possible because of the emergence of the Applicant Tracking System and the recruitment management software. More and more companies who are looking to take their businesses ahead are switching to these modern methods of recruiting.
Talent Scarcity: Recruiters are on the hunt for specialized skills but they are not satisfied with the results. This is creating a situation of talent scarcity. As a result, recruitment agencies are looking for new and innovative ways to wipe out the problem of talent scarcity.
Emphasis on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Modern ways of recruiting not only involve using technologies to streamline the process. It also involves having a broad mindset and making participants feel inclusive. Therefore, the trend of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is on the rise which is going to bring forward a more diverse and all-inclusive workforce that feels that the recruitment methods are more just and equitable.
Candidate Experience: As recruiters look for innovative ways to make their recruitment process more efficient, they came up with the concept of a candidate-centric recruitment process. Nowadays, recruiters are more focused on making candidates feel worthy and valued because the recruitment process is inclusive of them. Moreover, highlighting candidate experience is all about candidate retention since there are higher chances that a not-so-good experience may make candidates drop out during the onboarding time.
Shift Towards Gig Economy: The gig economy involves filling open positions in recruitment with temporary or part-time workers. The recruitment process is creating more opportunities for workers who are willing to devote some part of their time to their job. For example, there are job opportunities for mothers, people who already have full-time jobs, and freelancers. With the rise of the gig economy, we can expect the recruitment process to undergo a major change as more recruiting agencies start incorporating part-time work into their list.
The impact of AI and ATS on the Future of Hiring
- AI and ATS are going to have a remarkable impact on the future of hiring.
- AI helps in automating administrative, repetitive tasks that can help the recruiter prioritize relationship building with the candidates.
- AI can analyze large amounts of data and provides quick and actionable insights. It can analyze candidate resumes, job applications, and other data to make the best recruiting decisions.
- ATS also helps in automating tasks that require manual intervention. This mainly includes posting job listings, screening resumes, auto-scheduling interviews, and having proper interaction with candidates.
- AI in ATS also contributes to having data-driven insights and driving data-driven decisions that can make the recruitment process more streamlined.
- The impact that AI and ATS will have on the future of hiring is not something to be measured. It is going to be a far-reaching impact.
- By making the recruitment process more effortless, these tools will attract top talent to your organization.
- Not simply that, it will also improve the candidate experience and make the recruitment process more cost-effective.
- AI and ATS are not going to change the recruitment process.
- Instead, it will be more appropriate to use the term “revolutionize” considering how organizations are rapidly switching to these tools and technologies.
- With that being said, we can hope that the future of hiring is a bright and promising one.
This insightful article not only throws light on the current ongoing trends in recruitment. It also highlights how the recruitment process is revolutionized by adopting these modern strategies. Unlike a fad, these trends will also be impactful in the future and not fade away. There is a high probability that these recruiting trends will impact the recruitment management system in a way never seen before. Therefore, for organizations who want to get their recruitment to have a top-notch performance, it is highly essential to follow these modern trends and derive the maximum benefits from the best of decisions.
HireME is one platform that businesses can count on when it comes to investment. It is a great resource for getting the highest benefits of contemporary tools and technology, like an ATS and AI, to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your hiring process. If you are still reluctant to invest, you can always sign up for a free trial or request a demo before having an insight into how comprehensive our recruitment management software can be.